Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some Interesting Diagrams





I chose to show these diagrams, because they are visually stimulating as well as packed full of information. The Map Diagram I found on this transparency website, relates to my diagram in that it is based on location via the use of a world map. It is easy to make comparisons between regions with their use of color scheme and formal attributes. The key makes it easy for my eye to recognize what each color represents. I wanted to included Marian Bantjes's influence map, because it plays with formal attributes and it grabs the attention of the viewer. It automatically pulls you in, and is easy to see "love" and "writing" at second glance, and then I can get into the smaller details. Her diagram differs from every diagram that I have seen, and I find it amazing that it is still organized with its organic nature.

No comments: