Sunday, February 21, 2010

Experimental Typography: Sequencing

Seeing is Beleiving from Andrea 'Mo' Morris on Vimeo.

So, I started to experiment with the sequencing of how sentences can be read. I tried to really push the legibility in this clip. I want to change the meaning of the sentence or at least let the user interpret it in a new light. I am still pushing the legibility in each frame in order to successfully create type that can only exist in motion. How can the element of motion increase the meaning of the sentence? How can the sequencing or order in which words appear affect the meaning and interpretation of the sentence?

OH!
I made another one...

2 comments:

thenewprogramme said...

the banners look great.

the colors in the movie are really distracting and hamper readability. they make it hard for me to understand what the type is doing. can you do this same thing without all the crazy color shifts so the type and message can be focused on?

Andrea 'Mo' Morris said...

Yea I can do that. I see what you mean, and my reasoning for the bright colors was too reference some sort of LED lighting. I am thinking maybe I can just keep it to one-color as well, instead of flashing all these different colors.