Monday, February 8, 2010

Experiments: analog vs. digital

The Marriot downtown has some color kinetic LED lights on the exterior. This is something that I would like to create, only about 1/100th of the size. Revealing what light can do in motion is very interesting to me.

I tried to do a small experiment in flash for the purpose of creating something with digital tools. I took the word and tried to make it so that no frame revealed the whole word. I am not sure how much I like this effect, it is very rudimentary right now. I also tried to mess around in after effects a little, I didn't quite get anywhere after 30 minutes. I will have to ask around for some advice.


I also tried some analog things. I spelled out design with a string of lights and played around with that. I later turned it into designalogue, because I had enough string :). sry about the video quality, I shot it with my iphone for quick reference.

designalogue from Andrea 'Mo' Morris on Vimeo.



Here are some photos, and some that I started to play with digitally.




No comments: